Cancéropôle Ile-de-France is a public interest group (PIG) whose primary mission is to pool cancer research in the Paris region. It is composed of 7 members and 14 partner institutions and includes more broadly all cancer research strengths in the Paris region. It manages a network between institutions specialising in Cancer research and care in the Paris region allowing innovative projects to be developed.
This involves :
- Constituting working groups on cancer research flagship issues
- The administration of 800 research agreements in 2011
- Monitoring innovative projects, doctoral and post-doctoral cancer research support
- Scientific activities in the form of thematic workshops to encourage synergies between research strengths
- Innovative training specifically for cancer research stakeholders.
For news about Cancéropôle Île-de-France (calls for proposals, seminars...) please consult the French version of the website.